Friday, October 06, 2006

Follow-up

Flu Shot Fiasco: Let the games begin! The CDC had their news conference Wednesday. And they state that there will be enough vaccine for everyone, according to this article from NPR.com. The phone calls to our office started Thursday morning. Of course, like many other doctors offices, we have not received our shipment yet, and we told our patients that. "But why are pharmacy x and pharmacy y having flu shot clinics next week?" Ahhhhh! (BTW, thanks Mary for the link.)

Blogaholics Anonymous meeting: Empress Bee (of the High Sea) has graciously volunteered to host the next BA meeting on Saturday. Thanks so much! You have to come, because Charlie has already cleaned up the place for us slobs to come over. We may have to keep it down a little bit, because we don't want to have them kicked out of their apartment. As always, it's BYOB - Bring Your Own Blog. See you Saturday!

An innocent victim of a lie told in silence: If you don't know what this is, click on over to Cathy's place and check this out right now. It's a fascinating concept. Instead of the typical song meme, or movie meme, or question meme, it's kind of a story meme. What will link them all together is that the last line of the story has to be "an innocent victim of a lie told in silence." I'll be posting mine in a few hours and about 20 people are going to be joining in on this. May's post is up already. Stay tuned for mine!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mine's up too! bee

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh, and you WILL be giving flu shots at the ba meeting, right??? i told all my neighbors to drop in for theirs, hope that's okay?? that way they won't have to call your office, see? it works out real good! (smile) bee

JR's Thumbprints said...

I never get the flu shot. Should I? My wife's considering it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Doc....:) I will be waiting to read yours. I might fall asleep though and have to wait until morning...:(

MM said...

good story!

Have you seen my latest post? I would really like your honest opinion on the topic because I would really like to make sense of it all. Is there anything I can do or just accept that it is just the way it is and move on?

I loved the meme.. haha.. too funny and I haven't thought about some of that stuff in years :)