Monday, July 31, 2006

Medium=large

While I was at one of my favorite fast food joints (I know, it really does along with my claim of laziness from my earlier posting today), I ordered a medium Diet Coke. What I got was this huge cup which I thought was a large or even extra large.

I know people have probably noticed this already, but are food and drink servings getting bigger, or is it just me? I thought that places like McDonalds did away with their "Super Sizes." Maybe they got rid of the name, but the portions are actually larger now. I might have to do some research on this -- I mean google search, not actually sample all the fast food places around here. HA!

Also, let me know if you're having any problems loading up my blog page. I've had some problems this morning. My browser was freezing up when loading. It seems to be solved now, but let me know.

9 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Too big, too much, too bad.
I agree. Much to much these days.

~Deb

oncRN said...

Not just that, but women's clothing sizes have changed too - meaning i've gotten bigger in the last 10 years and the size on the tag has gotten smaller. This is also meant to accomodate an ever-expanding america.

Lea said...

About a month ago, it was reported that fast food restaurants, namely McDonalds, was doing away with the "Super Size". Little did we know that the amount of food would be the same, only the names were changed.

I guess it makes us feel better to order large, and get gigantic.

Mother Jones RN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mother Jones RN said...

A rose by any other name is still a super sized portion. The Golden Arches said they were doing away with large portions, but that didn't happen. The only thing they did was take the words super size off the menu. Dr. deborah serani is right, too big, too much, too bad.

Cathy said...

OncRN Is right, but I love it when I go to the store and can buy a smaller size even though I have gained weight.

The serving sizes at fast food places are getting out of hand.

HP said...

When I've visited the US, I've always found the servings size to be extra "generous" in comparison to Australia or my home country (the UK) - not that we don't face the same obesity battle though.

It's me, T.J. said...

I don't get to eat out that much.

In fact, I hadn't noticed about the super-size thing?

hmmm...

Am I oblivious to portion sizes too?

I guess so.

I'll eat everything you put in front of me and measure it...

later...

Dream Mom said...

The sizes everywhere are "huge". It's kind of disgusting actually. And even when you request a smaller size, they still give you "more" or even a "bigger" size.